We all want more. More fun. More food. More drinks. So how do you get more? Take a look beyond the neighborhood restaurant! Instead of your usual weekend hangout, why not stop in a place that has it all: restaurants, bars, entertainment, alfresco and the option to make it an overnight (or a weekend)? This weekend, explore a full-service hotel property like The Desmond in Malvern. Here’s five great reasons to book your reservation today!
1. A Trio of Great Restaurants
Most hotels showcase several restaurants to satisfy any craving for food and fun. The Desmond specializes in next-level food and drinks at prices that are impressively accessible. Whether you’re in the mood for casual, alfresco or elegant, you’ll find it courtesy of award-winning chef Chris Calhoun and his talented kitchen staff.
- The Hunt Room serves up regional American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Choose this fine dining venue when you’re hungry for unparalleled steaks and seafood with modern flair.
- The atmosphere is comfy at the Fox & Hounds Pub. Experience a modern interpretation of the everyday community-gathering place, where chef Chris’ cuisine is served in a cozy setting. Seasonal salads, filling sandwiches and hearty entrees await.
- In warm weather months, the Sunset Grille is alfresco dining at its finest. Much of the same fare that delights in our other two restaurants is available, but we think the whole Maine lobster (available Wednesday and Saturday) is particularly delicious when presented outdoors. Stop in for outdoor dining any day of the week and also for live music under the stars Wednesday through Saturday nights, or choose the quiet serenity indoors.
2. Mixologists to Match
Don’t feel like noshing, but want to start the weekend with a drink? We also offer several bars so you can mingle with your crowd in a quiet space for conversation or an upbeat scene with entertainment. Drinks are the main event, and we’re proud of our selection of craft beer, creative cocktails and wine selection. There’s nothing like drinks at the Sunset Grille during nice weather, or stay inside for a retreat from the busy everyday.
Still want more? Our happy hour offers wallet friendly food and drink specials that will help you unwind and start your evening off right. Check our latest $5 draft beers, $5 house cocktails and $7 house wines along with delectable small plates like burrata and tomato with black olive, basil and grilled sourdough.
3. Beautiful Inside and Out
What’s more lovely than an intimate lunch or dinner with your favorite people? Gorgeous paths to stroll with your companions after the meal. Another benefit of our suburban hotel is its manicured grounds punctuated with water features and tranquil gardens. When you’re done, relax and lounge on our comfortable desk or retire to our home-away-from-home lobby. Stay awhile and unwind.
4. Overnight Options
When you don’t want the music to stop, or the party to end … then don’t! Starting your weekend at a hotel’s restaurants and bars means you can decide to extend your stay. We have 194 guest rooms with all the amenities, meaning you can lounge in luxury on the spur of the moment. Enjoy indoor and outdoor fitness as well as a pool, hot tub and much more. In the morning, pop down for breakfast at The Hunt Room or just order in and room service will bring the food (and coffee or tea) to you.
5. Scout Out Your Next Special Event
Good news: The buck doesn’t stop with great food and accommodations. We still have more to offer. From weddings to corporate retreats, we cater to groups big and small with the same attention to detail that goes into our manicured grounds and award-winning food. If you’re looking for a full-service venue for your next gathering, look no further.
A bar or restaurant is just one place, but The Desmond Hotel Malvern is a destination. Find your way to fun and call us to book your getaway.
For 25 years, The Desmond Hotel has earned a reputation for superior hospitality and comfort. We boast 194 well-appointed non-smoking guest rooms and suites with modern amenities and hotel-wide free WiFi. Our luxury property offers three onsite dining options, two bars, indoor and outdoor fitness and beautiful grounds. We have the perfect setting for you—no matter the occasion. The Desmond is ideal for corporate meetings and retreats, wedding receptions and any kind of celebration. Events of all sizes welcome!
Photos, top to bottom: Ed Williams, The Desmond, Alexandra Whitney (last two photos)