Our goal is to provide employees with the training, support and flexibility that allows each and every one to attain success professionally. In addition to our extensive training and competitive benefits package, we have established multiple programs to recognize employee achievements.
We welcome the opportunity to review your application and credentials — please click here for our printable employment application then fax or e-mail the completed application with your resume to:
FAX (610) 296-7279
e-mail to: email@example.com
Current Job Opportunities
- Host – PT – Looking for energetic, enthusiastic people with a willingness to learn. Experience preferred, but not necessary. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, greeting and seating guests, taking reservations, and managing the reservation list.
- Server Assistant – PT – Looking for energetic people with a positive attitude. Experience preferred, but not necessary. Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to, clearing and resetting dining room tables, maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurants, and assisting with table service.
- Server – PT – Looking for motivated, positive people to serve in a casual fine dining atmosphere. Previous restaurant experience preferred. Experience with alcohol service a plus.
- Line cook – FT flex. Schedule
- Pastry – entry level/varied duties
- Houseman – FT/PT
- Servers – PT (Some experience) Flex Schedule
Guest Services agents – Full or part time – 1st and 2nd shifts available
Night Auditor – PT or FT
Bellmen – PT
- Full time with some weekend work. One year hotel experience required; Hospitality degree preferred. Must have excellent customer service, communication and phone skills. Proficiency in Excel, Access, Word and Internet applications a must. Fast paced environment requires positive attitude and attention to detail.Housekeeping
- Maintenance – general – full-time position – flex. Schedule – one year experience needed – preferably with a Hotel
- Room Attendants – PT/FT
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 2 Weeks Paid Annual Vacation
- 6 Paid Sick Days A Year
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Direct Deposit
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty (up to 10 days during one calendar year)
- Service Awards
- Employee of the Year Awards
- Free Duty Meals
- Discounted Septa Passes
- Employee Discounted Room Rate at The Desmond Albany
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Discounted Amusement Park Tickets (Seasonal)
FT positions offer excellent benefits
To inquire about job opportunities at the Desmond Hotel, please contact Sharon Faux, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Benefits of Working at The Desmond Great Valley Hotel & Conference Center
If you are using public transportation from Philadelphia — take the Septa R-5 train to Paoli and the Septa #206 bus from the Paoli train station directly to the Desmond Hotel. Please check with Septa regarding train and bus schedules.
The Desmond Great Valley Hotel & Conference Center strives to continue to improve and upgrade supplemental employment benefits whenever possible, but reserves the right to alter, change, amend or discontinue any of the supplemental benefits. The Desmond strives to offer every employee a comprehensive benefit package, however certain benefits are limited to full time employees only.