Our goal is to provide employees with the training, support and flexibility that allows each and every one to attain success professionally. In addition to our extensive training and competitive benefits package, we have established multiple programs to recognize employee achievements.
We welcome the opportunity to review your application and credentials — please click here for our printable employment application then fax or e-mail the completed application with your resume to:
FAX (610) 296-7279
e-mail to: hr @ desmondgv . com
Current Job Opportunities
- Catering Sales Manager Seeking a dynamic Catering Sales Manager (minimum 4 years Catering/Sales experience) to work directly with prospective and former clients beginnning with the initial contact followed by a series of personal meetings, email and phone communication. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conducting tours of the facility, promoting Hotel facilities/services, drafting proposals and sample menus, and developing a contract. Must be able to work a flexible schedule (usually Tuesday through Saturday) depending on client needs. Hotel Sales experience and knowledge of Delphi software preferred; excellent communication and organization skills required. Qualified applicants may e-mail or fax a resume to [email protected] or (fax) 610-296-7279.
- Server – AM shifts – weekdays/weekends – part or full time for our fine dining restaurant. Prefer individual with serving experience but willing to train someone with related food and beverage background who has the desire to learn guided by our experienced managers and staff. Qualified applicants may e-mail or fax a resume to hr @ desmondgv . com or (fax) 610-296-7279.
- Sales/Conference Center Assistant – Seeking detail oriented person to perform administrative duties for our Sales and Conference Center managers. Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task – attending to the needs of both clients and departments managers. Proficient typing and experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Delphi also required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must. Qualified applicants may e-mail or fax a resume to [email protected] or (fax) 610-296-7279.
- Seeking full time Housekeeping Supervisor with minimum one year hospitality supervisory experience. Position is for a “working supervisor” who is available to work a flexible schedule including weekday days/evenings plus Saturday and Sunday mornings.. We offer an extensive list of benefits (including medical and dental) to our full time employees. Qualified applicants may e-mail or fax a resume to hr @ desmondgv . com or (fax) 610-296-7279.
- Restaurant Supervisor - PT/FT “hands on” supv. with both serving and bartending exper. Must be able to work flex. schedule
- Restaurant Servers- Evenings and weekends and early morning. Must have experience serving alcohol.
- HostHostess – some exper.
- Line cook – FT – flex. schedule – some experience
- Banquets - Servers (FT/PT)
- Housekeeping – Room Attendants – PT
- Front Office – Bellmen – PT or FT
FT positions offer excellent benefits
To inquire about job opportunities at the Desmond Hotel, please contact Sharon Faux, Director of Human Resources at [email protected]
Public transportation from the Coatesville and Downingtown areas directly to the Great Valley Corporate Center is now available. Please call (610) 993-0911 for information on the BEELINE bus service.
The Benefits of Working at The Desmond Great Valley Hotel & Conference Center
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 2 Weeks Paid Annual Vacation
- 6 Paid Sick Days A Year
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Direct Deposit
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty (up to 10 days during one calendar year)
- Service Awards
- Employee of the Year Awards
- Free Duty Meals
- Discounted Septa Passes
- Employee Discounted Room Rate at The Desmond Albany
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Discounted Amusement Park Tickets (Seasonal)
If you are using public transportation from Philadelphia — take the Septa R-5 train to Paoli and the Septa #206 bus from the Paoli train station directly to the Desmond Hotel. Please check with Septa regarding train and bus schedules.
The Desmond Great Valley Hotel & Conference Center strives to continue to improve and upgrade supplemental employment benefits whenever possible, but reserves the right to alter, change, amend or discontinue any of the supplemental benefits. The Desmond strives to offer every employee a comprehensive benefit package, however certain benefits are limited to full time employees only.